- VMware Cloud is now available on AWS.
- Microsoft’s “Gluon” deep learning project debuts
- Launch of per-second billing for Linux EC2 instances
- The general availability of EC2 Elastic GPUs.
- Three product releases were made at the Summit event in August: Migration Hub, Glue, and Macie.
- In 2019, plans are in place to expand its cloud datacenter infrastructure into the Middle East.
Overall, Amazon.com exceeded estimates with $43.7 billion in revenue, an increase of 34% year-over-year. This includes $1.3 billion from Whole Foods which Amazon.com purchased this summer.